IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 01:26:53 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I just wonder how much of this bodged up infrastructure is still in
place.

You wouldn't know a bodged up job if you fell on one. Why do you persist

in
making a part of yourself?

It seems that one of the less palatable
sides of a public monopoly organisation
is to make up its own rules as it goes along
with the customer having no knowledge or
choice in the potential danger or billing
error that may have been introduced.

Stop babbling crap!

I would much rather have a choice of organisations implementing a
defined specification.....

Yep that is what they did, as stated above.

So please explain why it's OK for
a public monopoly organisation to
exceed the manufacturers specifications
on products that it uses

The makers stated overload was fine. When privatisation comes along, there
is none and the punter pays through the nose. As time went on and houses
became insulated and boilers more efficient using less gas, overload was far
less of a problem.

Did you get fired for incompetence?

They wanted to keep me on and gave shining references.

If the manufacturers intended their meters to run as a design goal at
50% over stated capacity, they would rate them that way.

How do you know?

If there is overdesign on the part of the manufacturers it is for
reasons of a safety or accuracy purpose.

If I recall, the meters were not recommended to operate at 100% overload at
100% of the time. A domestic boiler is intermittent in operation, and
modern boilers modulate down, meaning meter overload is even more feasible
these days.

snip babble from a man who doesn't know