Andy Hall

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:48:04 -0000, "Jim Alexander"
wrote:

"Grumpy" wrote in message

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Roger wrote:
My gut instinct is to try and source spares for my existing boiler
to keep it going as long as possible.

Absolutely right. I just fell into the trap and had a Worcester HE40
installed. Subsequently I found I could get spares for the old Gloworm
and as for 25% savings with a condensing boiler dream on.

That's interesting. Can you put a figure what the gas savings have been.

Jim A

It depends on what you started with and the weather.

I replaced a 65% SEDBUK efficient piece of GlowWorm crap with a 90%
efficient condensing boiler and the savings average 25-28% for periods
of time of equivalent outside temperature.

This was done by making weekly gas meter readings and continuously
logged outside temperature readings and the results are quite
consistent.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl