Swingman

"Joe" wrote in message
For pro audio (AKa not home or car audio most of the time) monaster cable
makes 100% lifetime guaranteed stuff don't they?

For a traveling band or high traffic studio / stage environment, that is
worth it alone IMHO.

Nope. I've owned a recording studio (www.hsound.com) since 1978, and played
in many a "traveling band".

I've never used the cables in the studio because of the price/performance
ratio, and I don't know anyone who does for very long, at least anyone who
has been in the studio business longer than the 2 years the average
"recording studio" stays in business.

IME, they are a consumer item whose connectors don't last with rugged use.

I did try them with on my basses many years ago, but they broke so often
that, despite the warranty, I went back to something I could more easily fix
with a soldering iron in Podunk, GA on a Saturday night.

I once had a certified gold set of way better than average ears, have
recorded and mixed over 200 albums with these same ears, and I was always of
the opinion that anyone who falls for Monster's claims has too much spare
change, along with a large helping of naiveté.

But what the hell ... if Eric Johnson can tell the difference between brands
of 9 volt batteries in his guitar pedals, who am I to say?

Just my experience ... ymmv

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04