J. Clarke

Silvan wrote:

Mike in Mystic wrote:

man, that makes me want to go and cut up the monster cables I have all
over
my home theater set-up. too bad they already got a lot of my money, the
bahstards. this stuff really is hard to believe

You could cut them up and mail them to the Monster home office with a
letter
to leave the poor hippy lady alone. But it would be an expensive way to
make a statement.

Not really, it's sunk cost and replacing them would cost about 20 bucks for
a roll of zip cord at Home Depot.

If this thing goes the way it could, I look for either K-Mart or Wal-Mart
sue the other one's pants off. Whoever grabbed it first. I'm not quite
sure. Wal-Mart seems new to me because we didn't have one anywhere around
here until 1989, but they've been around since the '70s. I'm not sure how
old K-Mart is. Rather older, I think.

That would be interesting--K-Mart's claim would be more legitimate than
Monster's, but I suspect the courts would toss it out on the basis that
"mart" is a well established synonym for "store" and that both are in fact
stores.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)