J. Clarke

bkr wrote:

Monster cables have always been ridiculously over priced. They are good
quality, but they aren't that much better than the $10 cables you can
buy with RCA plugs on them.

As for the lawsuit, anybody that fights back against big corporations
trying to dominate a market (that they don't have any real business with
especially) has my vote. Most people don't even know what Monster
cables are...unless they're audiophiles or professional musicians/video
production types.

Most people may not be aware of the brand, but a lot of people who aren't
audiophiles or professional musicians/video production types have them--it
seems to be the only brand that Best Buy sells--if not the only brand then
it's the one they're pushing.

Personally I think Best Buy ought to drop that product line, but making
money on cables seems to be a successful marketing strategy at this point
(go down to CompUSA, find any Belkin cable, write down the price, the name,
and the SKU, then plug those into Froogle).

I've forwarded the article to everyone I know.

bkr

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)