Roger Shoaf

You are going overboard here. Make the shelf from that plywood with the
paper coating. Apply a neat wood trim or even the plastic T edging that
sits in the kerf and then give it one coat of primer, and a coat or two of
epoxy paint. This will flow out nicely and be rock hard and glossy

Plan B. Use MDF. Round over the front edge, prime and paint with epoxy.

Plan C. Use Formica.

Plan D cover the plywood or MDF with shelf paper.

Save the fine woodworking for where folks can appreciate it.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm gonna show how much of a newbie I am here, but can I really use
waterbased polyeurethane over latex paint -or does one of them have to
be oil based? It seems like waterbased urethane and latex paint would
not play nice together.

Thanks for all the advice!