ebd

Definitely fine stuff. I got a butt section from a 4' diameter tree
last summer. Spent the winter turning rough blanks. I'm currently
finish turning the blanks here and there, as I have time. I don't
think the grain is subtle at all. IMHO it beats the hell out of any
other NA hardwood for beauty. I should perhaps qualify that. Sure
tiger maple is prettier than a straight grained piece of black walnut.
Put a piece of flame grained crotch black walnut next to that piece of
tiger maple and I think the black walnut wins hands down. Email me if
you want me to send you a photo or two of finished work.