Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Jim

I would not buy the small band saw, people on the REC. that do have them
are not pleased with them for sawing thick or and wet, or green wood for
bowl blanks, you will be better off buying a chain saw, either gas or
electric, I do have a 14" band saw with riser and still use my chain saw
almost exclusively to make my bowl blanks, the chain saw is a tool you
really need IMHO.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

jamesleroy wrote:

I don't have much room to work in and was considering a saw to cut bowl
blanks. Ryobi and delta 9" saws look so cheap and flimsy. I have a
dremel 19" scroll saw but figure it won't handle it. Any suggestions
are appprediated. Jim