Chuck

On 7 Jan 2005 17:07:50 -0800, "jamesleroy"
wrote:

I don't have much room to work in and was considering a saw to cut bowl
blanks. Ryobi and delta 9" saws look so cheap and flimsy. I have a
dremel 19" scroll saw but figure it won't handle it. Any suggestions
are appprediated. Jim

Jim,

I have the Delta 9", which I've been using regularly for over 3 years.
I have very limited space, and with a Jet Mini with a 10" swing, the
Delta has proven invaluable. Bear in mind, however, that it does have
some limitations. It is plastic, for the most part, but it has a
decent motor, and if it has a sharp blade in it, it'll cut pretty much
anything. I routinely cut 10" diameter, 12/4 hard maple bowl blanks
with it. Sure, it takes a few minutes, but it's better than hacking
it up with a chainsaw. If you remember that it's a 9" saw and not a
14" saw, you should have a good time with it.

While I would love to have room for a 14" Jet or something like that,
I'm glad for what I have, and would be lost without my little Delta.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget