Colbyt

"Tom Edelbrok" wrote in message
news:u2KDd.7325$8l.3095@pd7tw1no...
I have a switch in the foyer and another at the top of the stairs. Each
switch can control the light above the stairs. But when I enter the garage
(right at the location of the switch at the bottom of the stairs) I have

no
control over the garage lights. So I end up walking across the garage in

the
dark to turn the garage lights on. When done, I have to turn off the

garage
lights, then walk through the dark back to the foyer.

Here's what I want: The two existing switches stay as they are (they work
great for the light above the foyer stairs). I want to add a light and
switch just inside the garage door as I enter the garage from the foyer.
This light and switch would be hooked into the existing system that has

two
switches and one light. When I enter the garage I flick a switch to turn

the
new light on. Then I can see my way to the other side of the garage to

turn
the main garage lights on.

Sometimes you can pull a feed from a 3 way switch box and sometimes you
can't. It depends on the initial source of the power to the circuit.

What you can do is add a wireless switch to the garage lights. When you are
there is works like a normal switch but you can mount a remote on the wall
by the stair doors. This works on the exact same principal as your garage
door opener. In fact you might be able to program those extra buttons on you
car remote to control the lights if you want to. Sears used to sell them. I
am sure a lot of places do.

Here's the only web link I could find quickly:

http://www.onestopshopcatalog.com/ho...-switches.html

These prices seemed a little on the high side. Shop a little before you
buy.