George E. Cawthon

Samson wrote:
I'm told fertilizer is a hazardous material. After hours on Google, the
only thing I find is if the fertilizer contains ammonium nitrate, then it is
considered an oxidizer which is considered hazardous. Anyone have any
thoughts on storing about 1200 lbs. of lawn fertilizer which doesn't contain
ammonium nitrate? What chemicals should be kept away from it if any?
Thanks.

And you need to store 1200 pounds for what reason?

No it is not a hazardous material, but some are talking
about regulating it after the Oklahoma bombing. Although
practically everyone know how to use it as an explosive,
regulating the purchase is really dumb considering the vast
amounts use in agriculture. Ammonium nitrate, as well as
any other nitrate, doesn't need any particular storage
consideration. Just keep it dry, mainly to keep it from
caking. If you are a very cautious person, then keep all
other flamable liquids separate from it. The chance of you
having an explosion is remote unless you do it intentionally
and even then it takes work.

It is not a really good lawn fertilizer because it is easy
to apply to much and will burn the lawn