AZGuy

On 7 Jan 2005 14:05:47 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

Aw man, I dunno. But when it comes to electric, I'm perhaps overly
paranoid. Especially heavy loads, like a fridge and a stove. Me,
personally, I don't know if what you did is safe; but I get a bad case
of the heebie jeebies just thinking about a 240v feed line spliced in a
junction box - even if it was copper to copper. Copper to Aluminum just
scares me that much more.

The final connection at the stove/oven is just a junction box too and
is often a wire nut connection. I don't see any problem with what
he's done.

Like I said, I don't know if you have anything to worry about or not.
But I would advise that if you ever sell the house, to put things back
the way they were.......

--
Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the
establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . .
Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of
the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order
to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House
of Representatives, August 17, 1789