Howie

so you had no problems... anyone else have comments?

"RBM" rmottola1(remove wrote in message
Howie, what you did is exactly what we did back in the seventies, before
"approved" methods were established. I personally did an entire apartment
building that way with absolutely no problems. Go to this link to get more
info http://www.inspect-ny.com/aluminum/pl2p12.htm
"Howie" wrote in message
Our house's main electrical wiring is aluminium. I have moved both our
stove and fridge plugs because we wanted them in reverse order. I kept
the
old fridge and stove boxes and just extended the wiring, with copper to
the
new plug locations. For the fridge wiring junction, I used
copper-aluminium
rated marrettes, as well as copious amounts the anti-oxidising paste.

For
the stove copper-aluminium wiring junction (8-3 wiring for the copper
extension piece, I think the aluminium is 6-3), I used big blue

marrettes
that are aluminium (as told be by the surplus store salesmen I bought

them
from). I could not find any copper-aluminium marrettes that were big
enough
for the stove junction. I also used copious amounts of anti-oxidising
paste. I twisted each wire of each join in both the fridge and stove
splice
really well with a pliers. I covered both of the junction boxes with a
steel plate so it is accessible. I hooked up the stove and fridge plug

in
their new plug boxes. Works great!

Is this the way it should have been done?

any comments / suggestions / advice / tips / ideas?