Bubba

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 22:52:38 GMT, "Gideon" wrote:

I've soldered, brazed and done some light welding - but I've never worked on
home gas lines other than working with threaded pipe.

If I were in your situation, I'd begin by phoning my local zoning folks and
asking them about code requirements and zoning rules. These folks can be
extremely useful when seeking advise. Just recently I talked with them and got
good advise before I purchased my framing nailer which uses clipped-head nails.
(zoning varies with respect to accepting clipped-head nails).

Obviously, brazing is stronger and not much more difficult.

Most areas wont even allow copper or soldered lines for gas. Gas
causes copper to flake inside and that plugs up controls. Also, flames
and gas arent a real good combination either.
Bubba