Andy Hall

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:43:31 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:34:51 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:57:13 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

A spec. is a spec.

Precisely.

I think it's a bit like saying that you can get 16A from a 13A plug.
Which no doubt you can (since the fuse will likely not blow
for hours if at all).

Balls!!! I used to design gas systems in the 70s.

Perhaps you could let us know where so that Transco can be called to
correct the errors.

U6 meters have an 100%
overload.

With full accuracy and full lifetime?

We would take them up to 350 cu foot an hour.

Nearly double the specified rating? Was this official gas board
policy?

Go to your meter.
Take off the outlet pipe and fit a 1" hose to outside, then turn on the
maintap. Time the dial for 30 secs or a minute. See how much gas it then
passes for an hour. I bet it is more than 212 cu foot an hour.

That it may, but it does not mean that it is correct engineering
practice.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl