Larry Jaques

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:48:45 GMT, "BillyBob"
calmly ranted:

"Andrew" wrote in message
roups.com...

But it looks like people are actually avoiding Ryobi at the (IMHO)
decent prices and paying 2-3x for a Dewalt. Personally I don't
understand the Dewalt craze.

I can't remember where I saw the reviews but most people who are serious
about their tools would rather pay extra for metal gears intead of plastic
gears in their cordless drills. I think that principal applies across the
board. The Dewalt, PC, etc. are actually cheaper in the long run, IMHO.

I've beat the crap out of the 14.4v Ryobi drill motor for the past 3
years, almost daily use, and it's still going strong. The only
fallouts I've had are the batteries. Replacements are $35, less than
half what DeWally gets. I'm still satisfied with my $112 purchase.
(Ryobi drill motor, charger, 2 batteries, cordless skil saw, and a
ratty, blowmold, plastic case for $99.95 + s/h from the Borg.)

--
Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud.
----