Roger Shoaf

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Perhaps. Most of the time it is one or the other but both together is

still
about 12 amp under the circuit capacity IIRC.

Don't think that's the issue...I think (US anyway) code only allows a
single outlet on a dedicated circuit for the dryer...

Note I'm not saying it's an unsafe combination, just pointing out what
might be an issue when (and, of course, if) you were to sell or other
reason to need to ensure compliance...

Technically I think Duane is correct here. The preferred way would be to
have the circuit feed a sub-panel and have two circuits branch off from
there. Keep this in mind if you are going to have your electrical
inspected.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.