Silvan

David wrote:

Tinted shellac, tinted laquer, colored poly... you see the pattern here?
Use a wood finish that has color added Then you can sand between
coats, even buff it out to as smooth a finish as you need.

Or do that with paint! I'd say the average car is plenty smooth enough for
his purposes. Paint. Just paint. Yeesh. It doesn't have to be this
complicated. I buy my 2000 grit sandpaper in the automotive department for
a reason. It's used to sand out paint to get it smooth between coats, so
you can wind up with a glassy finish on top after you buff out the final
coat. Best results could probably be obtained using a real paint of
course. Something with noxious chemicals in it that are known to the state
of California to cause cancer and birth defects. Stuff with -ene on the
end. Xylene, toulene, neoprene, aspirene, latrene, tangerene.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/