Swingman

"igor" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:15:48 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

The cabinet sides, floor, and top on a wall cabinet, are then assembled

_on_
the perfectly square face frame.

Do you mean this literally?

You betcha.

My first step is usually to build all the face frames, for both upper and
lower cabinets, _before_ I ever buy any sheet goods.

Could you prvode more details? For exampl,e do
you lay the assembled FF on the floor/table and then attach each cabinet
piece, one at a time, to the FF? W/ biscuits? -- Igor

Dado/grooves that accept the case parts are have been previously cut in the
FF rails and stiles and then the FF assembled (sometimes days or weeks
before the next step).

Dado/grooves that accept the floor, top and back panel have been precut into
the cabinet sides

Previously made FF is laid on the assembly table, face down. The cabinet
sides, floor and top are glued into the grooves pre-cut in the FF and
cabinet sides.

Note: All parts (FF and case parts) are batch cut beforehand, as batch
cutting is the best way to insure uniformity, accuracy, and therefore,
"square". (I try to NEVER move a fence until all the parts with the same
measurement have been cut.)

Assembling as above, using the known and carefully "square" built face frame
as a template, insures a square cabinet follows.

"Square" means BIG, HUGE benefits/savings in time and money during
installation, and the making and fitting of doors, drawers and door fronts.

This works well for me... as previously noted, it certainly is not the only,
or even the "right", way to do it ... ymmv applies.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04