PJ

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message ...
PJ wrote:
I have one like this. It has three 30 amp internal fuses....Paul

In parallel, I assume. That's interesting - I don't think that I've seen fuses in parallel, but it might be
practical. I.e., 30A fuses are a lot more readily available than 90A ones. Anyone know how balanced the current
would be?

Bob

Now I have to tell you how I know about the three fuses. Bought the unit at a swap meet for $5. Being dead, I opened it
up to find the three fuses blown. Someone had wired it up backwards. Turns out there are three separate inverter
circuits. Wired in parallel on the output side. The inputs also have protection diodes, all three of which were cracked
in half. Replaced fuses, diodes and repaired a burnt trace. I now have 700 mobile watts available....Paul