pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gerald Miller
wrote back on Sat, 01 Jan 2005 20:46:14 -0500 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Assignment: What frequency would have the desired effect and how do I
build it.

I can hear the little pimple faced prick now talking to his buddies,
"Man, I just cranked it up and it blew the window out!"

The frequency would be one pulse per window. You could generate it
with ethylene oxide or acetylene and oxygen and a spark plug.

I'm told that an automatic centre punch provides a suitable pulse

Some years ago,was swapping stories with a volunteer fire fighter.
First day of training, The Wise Old Fire Chief walks up to the demo car,
and pokes the window with his glove clad finger. The window shatters. The
trainees all start the "We are not worthy!" mantra. Then the Wise Old Fire
Chief reveals the trick: automatic center punch inside the glove, poking
out of a hole in the finger.

I'm told some fire departments and EMTs carry these for getting into
cars at crash sites, less hazard of flying glass than the old "fire ax to
the window" trick.

tschus
pyotr

--