igor

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:27:08 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

Heh heh .. different strokes. As long as his casework is perfectly square
by itself, this works, but I have never been that lucky.

15years ago when I rebuilt my kitchen I used that method. I works but never
again.

Being one of those that if something can go wrong, it will, my preferred
method is to always make the FF first and take great pains in their
assembly
and squareness, batch cutting all rails and stiles, and checking, and
double
checking, "square".

I do the same. I measure the pieces to fit the cabinet, assemble the pieces
with pocket hole screws and then attach to the carcus.

It is my understanding from Swingman's post that he measures the carcass
_to_ the FF (I may be wrong about this), while you measure the FF to the
carcass. Also, I thought that squaring of the cabinet was done and _set_
when the back piece is attached. Certainly that is what happens (and is
all that could happen) w/ frameless cabs. So what is the big deal with FF
and square? -- Igor