Spehro Pefhany

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:53:13 GMT, the renowned Howard Eisenhauer
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 05:49:13 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Howard Eisenhauer" wrote: Is that watts RMS? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Howard, I hope you did that on purpose. "Watts RMS," a term popular in
advertising audio amplifiers, has always galled me. I can see no way for it
to have any meaning, considering what RMS stands for, and what it is used
for. :-)

On the contrary actually, I consider RMS to be the most meaningful
measurement of power, but that may be specific to the areas I use it
in.

"RMS watts", although mathematically possible to compute, would have
no useful *physical* meaning that I can think of. Usually they are a
misnomer for "true power".

As far audio goes I'd be more interested in THD, peak power/dymanic
range & whether or not the dual isolated power supplies were built
using oxygen free silver buss bars .

H.

You don't want to spend $500 on a wooden knob that prevents
"microvibrations" from entering the delicate signal path? ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany