Joseph Meehan

Martik wrote:
I have a fixed wood frame window with the glass secured by flat 3/4"
strips of wood on the inside. To prevent condensate forming between
the two panes, do I need to air seal the two panes or just secure
with a second set of wood strips?

You are not going to be able to seal those panes will enough to keep the
moisture out of them. Even the manufactured windows can loose their seal
and when that happens, they cloud up quickly. Yours will not be that tight.

Your only home made solution is to vent the windows to the COLD side
"generally outside" That air is drier than the air inside. The other way
the warmer moister air will reach the cold outside window and condense on
it. Make sure you have a way of disassembling this window from time to time
as some dust etc. will get between the glass and need to be cleaned off.

You may want to see if you can mount a thermo-sealed window in that
space. You can buy the sealed glass units in any size you need at prices
that may be a lot less than you think. Most larger cities have local shops
that will make them up for you.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math