Mike

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:
Markus Splenius wrote:
With the same frivolity as "Has anyone ever built a dalek", I wonder
if any of you have thought about making liquid nitrogen at home.

Hydrogen peroxide vacuum distillation to make HTP for rockets is annoying,
and I was wondering if O2 might be more usable.

(messing around in garage making rockets - eventual goal is a 4 stage

orbital
one with a kilo to orbit.)

Why 4 stage ? I've always thought the helium weather balloon (also from
BOC) then a single stage (fired in the correct direction and not through the
balloon aka "the difficult bit") was the most elegant approach. (this is
about to go sooooo OT)