BobS

10 year supply....

Fill a small baby food jar 3/4's full of Johnson's or Butcher's paste wax
and stir in one very small tube of dry graphite from the auto supply store.
Stir it all together until the solution is graphite black. May need to add
a drop or two of mineral spirits to get a good mixture. If you get to much
mineral spirits mixed in, don't worry - just leave the lid off the jar and
it will evaporate out in a day or two.

As Charlie mentioned, clean off whatever is on them now and then use a
toothbrush (yes even a used one will work) to spread the wax and graphite
mixture on the gears. It beats the dry lubes and doesn't attract dust like
grease does. Yes, dust will lay on top but will fall off when you rotate
the cranks. All you need is enough to coat the bearing surfaces where the
teeth mesh. Any slopped on the sides doesn't do a thing....

Bob S.

"David" wrote in message
news
My Uni's finally getting a bit "cranky" when I apply the cranky. I've
got T-9 but not sure that's the best product to lube the gears. What's
a good lube that won't attract a ton of sawdust?

David