On 07 Jan 2005 12:58:08 GMT, (BUB 209) wrote:

A friend of mine wants to sell me an 18" Craftsman bandsaw for 200.00. It's a
metal-cutting only bandsaw, and has never been used. It's got a gearbox which
he says can be jiggered with to get the proper speed out of it for cutting
wood,
so I've got some research to do, don't even know the blade size yet. Just
wondering if anybody here has had experience with this sort of thing.

does it look like this:
http://www.owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=14

if so, I have the wood/metal version. I knew there was a wood only
version, but I didn't know there was a metal only version. there are
manuals and parts breakdowns and lots of helpful folks at www.owwm.com
and I'd be happy to help from here...