I've found that using the poly over the paint is good. I did several
shelves for my daugters room, let them dry for about 2 weeks, then put
them up. She had several dolls that were still in the boxes.

When we moved t years later, several of the boxes had stuck pretty hard
to the shelves. For the next set, I put poly over the paint, and have
not had any problems with them.

Trace

firstjois wrote:
I've done the same with acrylic/latex paint and found it easy to run
sandpaper over any rough spots. These surfaces can be washed and

even
scrubbed after a couple of weeks. If you want to be really fussy you

can
still add a layer or two of waterbased polyurethane.

Josie