Bill Orr

Nikota is the brand name I meant to say. My fingers got twisted.

Bill

--
http://home.earthlink.net/~billbernice1/
Includes "Poems of the Sea"
"Bill Orr" wrote in message
news

Looking over Ebay auctions, I noiced that Ryobi tools are going for way
less than other brands and most don't have any bids. I've always
thought Ryobi to be a decent DYI brand, good for the price at least.
Perhaps a step above B&D, on par with Skil, but definitely below PC.
But it looks like people are actually avoiding Ryobi at the (IMHO)
decent prices and paying 2-3x for a Dewalt. Personally I don't
understand the Dewalt craze. You'd think at least frugal woodworkers
like myself would rather have a cheapie Ryobi than no tool at all.

I bring this up because I got a used 12V 3/8" drill kit (2 batteries +
charger) for $30, which I thought was an okay price, at a local shop.
I'm very happy with it even though 12V is now outdated. I started
looking up other Ryobi tools and realized few people talk about it and
even fewer places sell it. Do many fellow woodworkers follow the
all-or-nothing philosophy? Get the best you can afford or don't get
it??
Andy

****
I bought a Ryobi reciprocating saw at a flea market and when I got home, I
discovered the trigger on-off switch didn't work. After finding their address
on Google, I sent them an email giving them the model and serial number and
asking for ordering instructions. They responded with an email that this

model
and serial number qualified it for free replacement of parts. I gave them my
mailing address and they sent me not only the switch but a new case, didn't

even
charge me shipping. Now you can't beat that with a stick. The main thing I
like about it is the blade holder which is easy to use and reliable.

Bill