SteveB

wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, it was going great until one of the sink drain lines developed a
leak from corrosion. In the process of fixing that, the disposal got
bumped around so that it was a little loose in the bottom of the sink,
the putty was pretty much shot. I figured there was a good chance it
would leak, so I wanted to remove it to re-putty it. The big diecast
nut that holds the disposal to the sink drain wouldn't come loose. I
finally put enough torque on it, but knew I was risking breaking it,
which is what happened.

This situation is akin to cancer. Once it has eaten stuff up, the best
thing is to pull the plug. You COULD fix it, but it wouldn't last long.

If you go to all the trouble to replace the cancerous parts, it would be
prudent to just replace the disposal since you probably would be doing it
soon anyway. Or you would be under there fixing leaks on a regular basis.
Fix it once, fix it right.

Buy a good one, and sell the other at a yard sale.

Steve