Tom Tobin

"Sunny" wrote ...

snipped

The symptom on the one you described as "jittery" (I said "shimmer") is
sort of like the effect you get when a TV camera is pointed at a CRT
monitor, only much, much less pronounced - and no, it's not near
anything that might interfere with it, and doesn't get any worse when I
put more running monitors close to it.

I don't have the skills to do component-level diagnosis on these
monitors, that's why I swapped boards until I had two working reasonably
well. I was hoping the minor remaining problems would be within the
range of internal adjustments, are you saying that's not the case?

As far as I know, the later Sun monitors can only be set-up
using software. They use Sony's Digital Alignment Software (DAS).
If you search on Google, using these terms, you should find some
sites. But I've never seen it being used.
And I can't find it on the Sony website.
It *does* exist tho...
This guy's dissertation mentions it, and a little about how it works:
http://tinyurl.com/5qu7d
HTH

--
Regards,