I would also chime in with praise for the Bob Parker meter. I just
built one last month that I ordered from John's Jukes and have very
positive things to say about them too. Very fast delivery and excellent
communication.
BTW I felt the solder included with the meter was substandard and too
large (.030"). I already mentioned this to Bob. I used .020" silver
bearing and made shinier joints and had a much easier time with the
small components.
I also used to use a function generator I had built with a O scope to
check caps. Bob's meter is much easier and faster to use. I used to
waste a lot of time hunting for that proto board that I built the
generator on. Plus you can check low value resistors with Bob's meter.
Richard