Richard Boggs

"Lee K" wrote in
:

I have some 18 volt Ryobi tools, the batteries go flat with very
little use. Using the drill to drive screws is frustrating, you get
about 20 in and start to lose power. Switch to the second battery, it
goes down just as fast and the first is nowhere near re-charged.
Using the accompanying circular saw is a joke, no power at all. The
set has been in its case for six months, don't know what I'll do with
them, but, as a gift from my wife, I keep them around.

Think this is a case of YMMV... I've had the set w/ the
drill/circsaw/recipsaw for a couple of years now, and it's still going
strong. I use the drill all the time, and I've been using the circ saw a
good deal too. It works great for cutting down plywood/MDF (I've done up to
3/4" stock thus far), especially if you put a plywood cutting blade in it.
I think the trick is not to expect it to have the same capabilities of a
larger saw -- but it's worked great for my purposes.

Of course there's always exceptions, and maybe I'm one of them... but I
have no complaints so far.
-Richard