Swingman

"TheNewGuy" wrote in message
If "the lip" is a sign of craftsmanship/attention-to-detail,

I think the "lip" is a matter of preference, which can be made into anything
you wish it to be ... and, in many cases, justification for the label "less
skilled" labor involved ... but not always.

but you
want to maintain "cleanability," then "just" chamfer the bottom rail's
inside-top edge in advance of the FF assembly ;^)

Right? ;^)

Actually, with a subtle lip, like the kind I prefer, a bit of 220 grit to
"break/ease the edges" (as DJM is fond of saying) before assembly is
generally all it takes.

AND, for all the naysayers, there is at least one benefit to the "lip" in
the cleaning controversy:

Anything spilled in the cabinet stays in the cabinet ... instead of dripping
all over Mom's apple pie, or that roast that just came out of the oven, and
sitting on the countertop.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04