Lee K

"Andrew" wrote in message
oups.com...
Looking over Ebay auctions, I noiced that Ryobi tools are going for way
less than other brands and most don't have any bids. I've always
thought Ryobi to be a decent DYI brand, good for the price at least.
Perhaps a step above B&D, on par with Skil, but definitely below PC.
But it looks like people are actually avoiding Ryobi at the (IMHO)
decent prices and paying 2-3x for a Dewalt. Personally I don't
understand the Dewalt craze. You'd think at least frugal woodworkers
like myself would rather have a cheapie Ryobi than no tool at all.
snip

I have some 18 volt Ryobi tools, the batteries go flat with very little use.
Using the drill to drive screws is frustrating, you get about 20 in and
start to lose power. Switch to the second battery, it goes down just as fast
and the first is nowhere near re-charged. Using the accompanying circular
saw is a joke, no power at all. The set has been in its case for six
months, don't know what I'll do with them, but, as a gift from my wife, I
keep them around.