Jimmy

On 5 Jan 2005 10:26:23 -0800, (Andy Hide)
wrote:

In your case, sealing the joist holes with styrofoam sounds like a
good place to start. While you've got the carpets up you might want to
try is cover your floorboards with something airtight before
reinstalling the carpets. This would hopefully reduce the amout of
airborne sound coming up through the gaps bewteen the floorboards.

I have a similar problem, but I don;t know how much of the sound is
coming directly through the part wall. I am thinking of building a
double skin of 12mm plasterboard over the party wall, separated from
from it by a 3" gap, with rockwool in the gap. Comments appreciated.