Dave W

Craftsman used to sell a 14 inch metal and wood cutting bandsaw. It was
based on the Delta 14. The gearbox was used for metal cutting and was
bypassed (throwing a lever and installing a direct drive belt) for wood
cutting. I sure wish I had one of these. You are not located in Maine are
you?
Dave
"BUB 209" wrote in message
A friend of mine wants to sell me an 18" Craftsman bandsaw for 200.00.
It's a
metal-cutting only bandsaw, and has never been used. It's got a gearbox
which
he says can be jiggered with to get the proper speed out of it for cutting
wood,
so I've got some research to do, don't even know the blade size yet. Just
wondering if anybody here has had experience with this sort of thing.