Ron Moore

This is an easy conversion, from what you describe. If it is indeed a
gearbox-driven, metal-cutting bandsaw for $200, go to the
rec.craft.metalworking ng and trade it for a wood cutting bandsaw and
probably get money difference as well. There are many more wood
versions available than metal, at the hobbiest cost level. This should
be a VERY easy conversion. Where are you located?
Respectfully,
Ron Moore

BUB 209 wrote:
A friend of mine wants to sell me an 18" Craftsman bandsaw for 200.00. It's a
metal-cutting only bandsaw, and has never been used. It's got a gearbox which
he says can be jiggered with to get the proper speed out of it for cutting
wood,
so I've got some research to do, don't even know the blade size yet. Just
wondering if anybody here has had experience with this sort of thing.