I read in my Building Kitchen Cabinets book that the face frame
should
be aligned so that it's flush with the inside bottom of the case.
However looking around Home Expo all their cabinets have about a

1/4"
lip between the face frame and the cabinet bottom (and it's like

that
in our current cabinets). Thoughts ?

I make mine flush because I like them that way and I'd like to think

turn out a far better cabinet then what you'll find at Home Expo but,

when you come right down to it, it really doesn't make a hell of a

lot
of difference in the functionality of the cabinet.

I guess I'm not getting this. To make it flush would mean the width of
the face frame at the bottom would be no more than 3/4" (the thickness
of the wood it is covering). Isn't that right?