J. Mark Wolf J. Mark Wolf is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pinckney, Michigan

Scott Logan wrote:

The Model 200 is the original Logan Lathe, and was built from 1941
until 1953. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, with a Serial Number
I can date it closer.

Just to clarify, this lathe should have only one flat belt, from the
countershaft to the spindle. The belt from the 2 step "V" motor
pulley to the 2 step flat countershaft pulley is a V belt.

Hi Scott

The photocopied docs that I saw identified the lathe as a "200" although they may have been docs for a different but similar lathe I suppose.

There are definately 2 flat belts on the lathe I'm considering. One between the motor and the jackshaft, and one between the jackshaft and headstock pulley. I was under the impression that this was a stock implementation, but I wonder now if it was an improvisation.

One of the two "200" lathes at the sellers facility has a support pole between the floor and the motor. The other "200" does not.

Can you direct me to some pics or diagrams of these lathes to help identify what is what?

Last edited by J. Mark Wolf : January 7th 05 at 01:35 PM Reason: clarification