Mike in Mystic

You have a good point and I think you're correct. Would simplifiy things
greatly, too. I was thinking that it would make sense to enlarge the
dimensions of the slats to end up with the 3/8" thick tenon just like any
other mortise and tenon joint. This would give you a bit more beef in the
slats, which isn't a bad thing, IMO. I'm unsure if it results in a stronger
joint, though.

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mike, those slats are 3/8" thick? Exactly how much of a tenon are you
ending up with? Would it just be a bad idea if one was to have the
slats fit into the mortises themselves, which is essentially the same
look as if you would have used the 100 spacer blocks, no?