PoP

Default Tiling and adhesive mess

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 17:26:56 -0000, "James Holdsworth"
wrote:

So how do I keep the adhesive out of the gaps between tiles and how to stop
spacers getting stuck and requiring long nosed pliers to remove them?

Keep a bucket of water with a sponge handy. Do a row of tiles, let the
adhesive start to go off, then use a wet sponge to wipe away the
excess adhesive. The sponge will compress far enough into the gap
between the tiles to clear that out so that grout (later on) will fit
into the gap.

Return the sponge to the bucket and squeeze it. This will cause the
adhesive to fall away from the sponge, to create a nice gooey mess on
the bottom of the bucket.

Refill the bucket occasionally to keep the water clean, otherwise the
water holds adhesive on the sponge and you end up decorating your new
tiles with adhesive

Also, be wary of leaving adhesive "streaks" across the tiles as you
wipe. Adhesive is very easy to remove when wet, but a pain in the butt
when dry (as you've found out!).

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....