geoff

Default Kitchen Refit - Moving Aga

In message , Lurch
writes
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:29:40 GMT, in uk.d-i-y
(sPoNiX) strung together this:

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 11:21:35 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

Hi,

Not quite DIY, but as a direct side-effect...

Due to an imminent kitchen refit, I was contemplating moving an oil-fired
Aga 1 foot to the left. It is currently on a small concrete plinth and the
flue goes directly from the top of the stove into the chimney breast.

Has anyone ever experienced moving one? I guess that they are quite heavy.

Should I get a professional in? If so, any idea how much it would cost? How
would I locate someone who could do it?

Colin

You could get four hydraulic trolley jacks, jack it up and roll it
sideways, with the help of some assistants.

sPONiX

Don't be a moron all your life.
You wouldn't get the jacks underneath, and if you did when you raised
the Aga it'd probably crack\split straight down the middle.

Is that the voice of inexperience?

--
geoff