Bob S.

Bubba wrote:

If all the plumbers seem to be around the same price, how do you

think
thats high? You think they all called each other and did their own
price fixing? Labor is high everywhere anymore. It costs a small
fortune to keep a business afloat. If you want it done without your
intervention, that is a luxury and you pay someone to do it. If you
want a hack job done by Home Cheapo that hires the cheapest hack subs
out there, then call them and get what you think you arent paying

for.
Would you have your local food mart prepare a formal sit down
Christmas dinner for you and 30 guests or would you hire a caterer?
I personally installed a "Lowes Best" water heater in my own home in
99 (Im a professional). It was Sunday and I couldnt get the warehouse
of the company I was working for to open up, Thus the Lowes purchase.
The water heater sucked. It would not heat water worth a crap. You

are
forced to call the 800 number and deal with a woman that spoke broken
English. She was useless. Over the next few weeks they sent me a new
burner and gas valve. Same problem. They offered no more help and
would not take it back. Before the year was up, I yanked it, set it
out for garbage and installed a professional model, same 50 gallons.
Its worked fine till this day. I'll never buy another water heater
from the Home Cheap style stores.
Bubba

Hey Bubba, I got some questions for ya.
1. What's the difference between the "cheapo" and the "professional"
WH? Is it materials, workmanship, personal opinion, or just not coming
from a home store?
2. I understand that commercial gas WH's are using sched 40 PVC for the
exhaust stacks because the exhaust is cool. How can this be?