Tom Edelbrok wrote:

I have an older home that I want to install a bathroom fan into. Is it ok
for the exhaust air to duct into the attic, or must it be ducted to to the
outside of the house through the wall. If it can just be ducted into the
attic it will save a lot of effort.I can't imagine a small amount of
moisture messing up the attic.

Tom

First of all is this bathroom used for showers?
If not, you can definitely vent in the attic.
If so, in spite of all oter advice, it would appear to depend on the
attic venting and how well the attic is insulated. We have a fan in a
bathroom used for showers that vents into the attic and have had no
problems. House is now 40 years old. As usual YMMV.

LB