Pop

jay wrote:
The only lamps that cannot use them are
the type that have the bulb clamps to support the lamp
shade.

I've used the spiral type compact energy saver bulbs with a
lamp
shade that has a clamp. I just had to be very careful when
installing the shade, and making sure it doesn't clamp too
hard onto
the bulb, etc. Whether it works or not depends on how much
tension
is in the clamp, and the lamp needs to be in a location in
which it
is unlikely to be disturbed. Since flourescent bulbs contain
mercury, I don't recommend anyone try this (just to be on the
safe
side). I'm just saying I lucked out and it worked for me.

W H A T ?