Ben Phlat

28" opening would still be an oddball size but one could use the kit
for bi fold doors from Johnson hardware that gives you jam to jam
clearance.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:25:11 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

SQLit wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi

I would like to remove a regular door (about 78" x 28"), and
replace it with mirrored bi-fold doors.

Can you do that? Or, do you have to rip out the existing conventional
door frame and re-frame it?

Does it required a track on the bottom? This door is to the laundry
room, so I don't want anyone tripping over a track on the floor.
HELP!

Clue-less in Philly,
-Mike

28 inches wide is not a lot to begin with. Your going to loose another 4-8
inches for the bi-fold doors when they are collapsed. (WAG)

Bi folds typically have tracks top and bottom.

There are plastic folding doors that only have a track at the top.

Your second statement isn't true where I live. None of the
bifold closet doors in my house have a track for the bottom
and the bifolds sold at HD here don't have bottom tracks either.

The loss of space is true so he doesn't want bifold "doors"
he want one bifold "door" and that will still lose about 4"
of width.