Andy Hall

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 00:38:48 +0000, Markus Splenius
wrote:

Many thanks for the info IMM, I shall study it tomorrow - can't take
it all in now since I just got back from the pub! :-)

Basically what I want is a shower that nails you to the floor and a
bath that fills up in 3 minutes.

Then check specifications very carefully, particularly as regards
issues like two flow rates. Some of them are a con.

Boilers with some form of storage are able to deliver the volume of
hot water of the store initially - basically limited by mains flow
rate, and then the rate will fall to whatever the boiler can provide
on an instant basis, and that can be a great deal less.

A decent sized bath will take approximately 120 - 150 litres of water.
You would be hard pushed filling that from many mains supplies in 3
minutes anyway. A 39kW boiler (e.g. Worcester Greenstar will give
about 16 litres per minute of water at 40 degrees and winter mains
temperatures, so basically you would need a boiler or other
arrangement able to store a good 80 litres or so of hot water at 60
degrees or even higher to be able to mix with cold.

Remembe that it doesn't matter how sophisticated a system might appear
to be, it can't exceed the basic laws of physics....

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 22:20:07 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Markus Splenius" wrote in message
. ..

What's the most powerful combi you can get? I haven't seen much above
35kw.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl