Mike

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from (N. Thornton) contains these words:

B. Apply expanded clay in lime plaster to the interior. This gives
insulation with no vapour barrier, retaining wall breathability, and
without the damage cement sometimes causes.

Not a solution I have previously heard of. How effective is that plaster
mix as insulation?

I use it for floors as it needs to be a lot thicker than Kingspan/Celotex or
even Rockwool. LECA (Optiroc) in a lime/sand mix to a foot or so depth
definitely does lower heat loss through the floor though. A friend did put
a thin layer of it as an outside render but this was on a 'best attempt'
basis rather than trying to meet part L.

I am in a similar position to the op other than I have 2' thick rubble
filled stone walls and no external render.

Same here.