raden

In message , Phillip
Brown writes

Must be a special 'break around Christmas time' setting they all have.

My fan isn't turning however, which indicates to me that the PCB is the 2nd
in line, fan being 1st in line. I.e. if the fan doesn't turn, then the PCB
can't be the fault?

Somebody phoned me up with exactly the same fault on Tuesday, was it you
? (brain dead, I can't remember)

if not ...

If you had a recon netaheat fan from me (CET), then it's very unlikely
that the fan has died. They have new motors on, and I out of over 1000
which have gone out in the last two years, I have had one motor fail.

Assuming that mains is getting to the pcb, it goes to the overheat stat
which, if not short circuit, won't power the fan. If the air pressure
switch has either bad contacts or has welded itself in the wrong
position, the fan won't start either

Really, you need to put mains across the fan motor and see if it runs
directly off the mains. If it does, your problem lies elsewhere, either
the O/h stat, the pcb or the APS.

If you want leading through how to do this, phone me on 01923 229224.
I'm not just there to sell recon stuff, I also try and offer a bit of
support

--
geoff